Study in Japan Global Network Project in ASEAN



  • International students wishing to enter Japanese higher education must complete 12 years of formal education.
  • Those with less than 12 years of formal education must first complete a one or two year university preparatory course before entering higher education.


Q & A

Please tell me about the process of entering graduate school.

Check the entry requirements, create a research proposal, and confirm what documents need to be submitted. Generally, you must find an instructor yourself. Some institutions require you to have informal acceptance before application, so confirm this with your chosen institution as soon as possible.

How should I look for and confirm the application period, necessary documents, and entrance examination?

Details of the application process and entrance examination can be found on the school's website or admission guidelines. Once you have decided on a school, check their website or admission guidelines.


The Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) is designed to evaluate and certify Japanese language proficiency for non-native Japanese speakers.
The Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) is used to evaluate whether international students who wish to enroll at the undergraduate level at universities or other such higher educational institutions in Japan possess the Japanese language skills and the basic academic abilities needed to study at those Japanese institutions.

Created by editing "STUDY IN JAPAN-Basic Guide-" (JASSO)